Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 7: Eyes

Well, it appears that I am still behind. I am trying to get caught up this weekend though. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to get out and shoot, so I'm sifting through some old shots to find suitable ones for the belated submissions. Week 7 was all about eyes. I had a pretty good shot of Brandon's eyes for the "Love" topic, but I didn't want to re-use that one. I found a couple of good animal eye shots though.

This first one is an eagle that we saw at a Birds of Prey exhibit at Brookgreen Gardens. These were all animals that had been wounded and were temporarily in captivity while they were being nursed back to health. Their beauty is truly amazing.

 The next shot was taken at Latta Equestrian Center just outside of Charlotte, NC. I took my niece one weekend to go horseback riding and was able to get quite a few good shots of the residents. This particular horse was beautiful, and quite calm. Although the eye in this shot doesn't really "pop," it does bring a feeling of peace.
My final shot for week 7 is not really a photo of eyes. However, at our last visit to Landsford Canal, we notices these flowers on the trail down to the Spider Lily lookout. I was really tickled by them because it looked like a face to me. Maybe it takes a special kind of mind to see it, but I really enjoyed the "eyes" in this photo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment