Friday, August 24, 2012

Weeks 5: Repetition

Well, I am playing catchup in a big way so I will be posting quite a few this week!  Week 5's theme was repetition. I wanted to find a really cool pattern in the world around me, but this was likely one of the most hectic weeks EVER! I was working every day and going to VBS in the evenings. These were some pretty long days, so I didn't get around to my photos for this challenge. However, I did take photos of the kids at VBS each night. One of the shots was a quick one of that night's snack, ready to be served. I thought the repeating patterns and colors on the cups full of bright orange goldfish was pretty cool. Plus, every night of VBS was pretty repetitive in itself - fun, but repetitive :)




Then I took a photo the following week at an Anniversary party. The chandelier in the ballroom was a pretty good representation of "Repetition." I chose to compose the photo with only half of it in view to create a diagonal line down the shot with a dark background.
I've since played with the shot in photoshop and with just a little "dodging" I think I gave the crystals of the chandelier a little more sparkle:

No comments:

Post a Comment