Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 4: Love

This week's theme for the 52 Week Photo Challenge was "Love." I had a hard time with this one - not because I couldn't figure out what to do, but because I couldn't figure out which shot was my favorite. The things I photographed for love all represent different aspects of love, so you get to choose which one you like the best!

First, I will show off the picture of my handsome husband! I love this picture of him because it captures a very sweet, quiet moment. For anyone who knows Brandon, you know that he's usually pretty sassy so this side of him is difficult to catch on camera. I love all sides of this wacky, silly, sweet and wonderful man :)

The next shot is a picture of me with my cat, Cleo. Cleo has been a special part of my life since 2004 and was there to help me through some very difficult times. She is incredibly sweet and affectionate, and one way that she expresses her love is by kissing or biting my nose. In January of this year, she had to have 6 teeth extracted, and during her recovery, we kept her in the bathroom and made sure everything was well padded so she would be safe as she came off of the anesthesia.  Well, ever since then, that has been "her" spot and every time I go into the bathroom, she's right there under my feet. So, here we are...having a (staged) moment in the bathroom! I couldn't decide if I liked color or Black and White better...

 



Last on my list but definitely not least...I tried to get a good shot of the cross that is located outside of our church. Unfortunately, there's a lot of distracting stuff behind it, and I was not able to get the awesome shot I had imagined. I played with it a little in photoshop, and the image that I came up with is below. This one is special to me because the faith that I have discovered over the last few years and our amazing church family have brought me a huge amount of love and joy since we started attending this church. Plus, the love of God is undeniably the greatest love of all.



No comments:

Post a Comment