Thursday, July 5, 2012

Week 1: Self Portrait





So here is my Week 1 photo! For my self portrait, I tried a bunch of different things, but I think this one turned out the best. I took this photo in the rearview mirror of my car, and it is not as easy as it looks! The idea behind this one is that the challenge was to take a photo of how I see myself. Well, aside from my morning routine, when I see myself it is typically in the rearview mirror of my car. Plus, for a long time, I spent so much time on the road - back and forth to Greenwood when Brandon and I were dating, and then back and forth to Charlotte every day when we got married and I was working at the hospital. So, in a sense...my car is a reflection of me - hence, the photo.

I am also pasting some of the runner up photos. I was shooting for an "idea" look with the light bulb, but I had a hard time pulling it off with my current lighting situation. I also took a few posed photos and a few of just my eyes - a statement of my comfort level in front of the camera. All in all - this was a pretty challenging photo to take. I guess that WAS the idea. Looking forward to Week 2!





No comments:

Post a Comment